(urth) Sapphire Star

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Dec 30 19:14:17 PST 2008

Witz wrote (among other things):

"As the stone swung back, I saw the starry sky and the single bright
star (blue now with its velocity) that was myself."

I had forgotten that line---it does clearly and cleverly link the Claw with the New Sun. Like the Claw, then, you would assume, the New Sun draws its power from Severian, not the reverse. Which seems counterintuitive.

But the link also suggests that neither one (Sun or Severian) is the only and original or "true" entity. Both are objects in some sense, "clothes" worn by the deity. Much as SoW has suggested.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 081230-0, 12/30/2008
Tested on: 12/30/2008 10:14:18 PM