(urth) The significance of Apu Punchau

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Dec 30 09:27:05 PST 2008

Pedro, by no means should you STFU. But please respond in plain text if you can. I've been forgetting, myself, but reading your posts reminded me!

The iterative-Urth theory can't ever be totally dismissed, because the Hieros specifically have been granted the means and the arrogance to carry it out. But it seems like a huge waste of energy to me, both literally and figuratively. How much improvement would each iteration yield? How much micromanagement would be required, even if you assume that probabilities cluster for your convenience, and even if you assume vast computers run Yesod?

At some point, the manipulative theories begin to ascribe so much power to the manipulators, Hiero or Increate, that the protagonist's struggles become meaningless. One may as well write a novel that consists of counting to 1000 and back again. That's what I refuse to accept, even though cyclicality clearly is a concept TBotNS plays with.

Message: 2