(urth) The significance of Apu Punchau

Pedro Pereira domus_artemis at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 08:49:54 PST 2008

What about the earth itself? Do they guide continent formation? Plate-tectonics? Do we always end up with South America and Buenos Aires? Same languages? Do we get spanish speakers avery time a new universe pops up? Indians who use feathers in their heads?

Just pulling your leg. I'm a bit fuzzy about the "Hiero's" role in human evolution on Earth but I remember reading that in the books and here at the list. But I don't think it implies that Earth, Mars, the Sun, the Moon, etc always pop up every time. I'm not sure that was what Wolfe wanted to imply. It makes far more sence to me that Urth is our Earth in the future, especially since Wolfe himself implies so in the interviews.

Pedro> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 08:21:57 -0800> From: danldo at gmail.com> To: urth at lists.urth.net> Subject: Re: (urth) The significance of Apu Punchau> > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Pedro Pereira> <domus_artemis at hotmail.com> wrote:> > ... that would imply that> > every time a new universe pops up we get the same planets, same Earth, same> > continents, same human race, etc. Doesn't make any sense to me.> > It wouldn't make any sense -- except that the human race's successors from the> previous version of the universe and their servants and so on (the Heiro* group)> guide evolution on an Earth-like planet to produce the new human race.> > -- > Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant> -----> http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer> http://www.danehyoakes.com> > I once absend-mindedly ordered Three Mile Island dressing in a> restaurant and, with great presence of mind, they brought Thousand> Island Dressing and a bottle of chili sauce. -- T. Pratchett> _______________________________________________> Urth Mailing List> To post, write urth at urth.net> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/photos.aspx