(urth) The argument for Intractability

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Dec 23 15:27:33 PST 2008

Thematically, each is meaningless without the other.

Yes, there's a lot of material to mine there. You could illustrate these three series for the rest of your life---make a career of it, as people have done with Tolkien!

Incidentally, I was reading the messages about AEG and realized that Lancelot is the Arthurian hero Severian reminds me of. He has dealing with water spirits, he is a toy of otherworldly and higher powers, and he returns after a long absence with the faerie folk. Time with the fairies often runs funny. And Lancelot heals.

Message: 2