(urth) Science catches up to the New Sun

Thomas Bitterman tom at bitterman.net
Mon Dec 15 08:57:44 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> (Personally, I consider the case for a cynical atheistic Evangelion
> infinitely stronger than the one for a cynical atheistic New Sun.
> There's an interesting essay I once saw in this vein -
> http://www.geocities.com/sephkhan/rants/dharma.html )

The big difference may be in who holds the power.  In Evangelion, people
do.  In UotNS, the Hieros do.  The supernatural looks different from the
outside.

Enamel

--
There are those who claim that magic is like the tide; that it swells and
fades over the surface of the earth, collecting in concentrated pools here