(urth) Science catches up to the New Sun

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Dec 12 22:07:24 PST 2008

Matthew Keeley wrote:
> We have Eva fans here? And I thought I was the only one.
>
> I'd love to have an involved debate, but I think I agree with
> everything you said. I do think Eva is atheistic (or I think I do) but
> a Buddhist brand of atheism as opposed to a Death-of-God sort of
> atheism. The end of the show harps so damn much on relativism that
> it's hard to conclude otherwise.
>
> Video for the initiated: Shinji's voice actor, frustrated at the end
> of the show (some language)

Not all of Evangelion's ambiguity is on screen: I had similar baffling
experience "meeting" Asuka's US voice actress at a con. I kept hearing
Asuka's voice in the tiny tower room with me but could not see the
person, until I realized Asuka's 15-yr-old-voice was living in a body
about four decades older.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >