(urth) Audio recordings of Wolfe

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Sat Dec 6 11:18:16 PST 2008

Nigel Price quited and wrote:
> >>I have a 60 minute mono audio cassette from American
> >>Audio Prose Library of a 1984 interview of Wolfe by
> >>Chris Merrick.
>
> And this is still available - thank you, Roy! I'll send off for that. The
> American Audio Prose Library also offer the recording of Wolfe reading
"The
> Island of Dr Death and Other Stories" and "A Solar Labyrinth" that I
bought
> from the US branch of Audible. They even do a joint package of the
readings
> and the interview bundled together.

On a related note: I can't find it in the old archives for some reason, but
I think I mentioned here six or seven years ago that Wolfe once appeared on
the late Tom Snyder's old, late night "Tomorrow" TV show with Harlan Ellison
and Azimov. Back in the 1980s, I think. I wasn't able to find a copy at the
time I mentioned it here (if I did), but Wolfe said that that episode was
replayed from time to time on cable TV. I wonder if anyone else here ever
saw it. Better yet, does anyone here have a copy or know where to get one?

-Roy