(urth) An Old mystery ...

Son of Witz sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org
Fri Dec 5 12:28:53 PST 2008

>>I don't see how that rebuts the eugenic rationale for the
>>Hierogrammates.  "Trying to let us become what we were" = "trying to
>>breed us into Hieros."
>>
>>They've slathered layers of mysticism and awe on the process, played
>>on Severian's (and the reader's!) desire for some kind of
>>transcendence, but at the bottom, they want to kill everyone with bad
>>genes, and most of the people with good genes too.
>>
>>If there is something good and holy about the "cleansing" of Urth, it
>>is not this "reproductive cycle" rationale.
>

>I call bullshits.

I'm sorry, that was rude of me.

heres a detail that seems to speak of the Sanctity of this renewal process.

Urth XIX:
"I told her what the aquastor Malrubius had told me upon another night upon another beach: that in a previous manvantara, the men of that cycle had shaped companions for themselves from other races, and that at the destruction of their universe these had escaped here to Yesod; that they ruled our universe through the Hierodules, whom they themselves had shaped. "

Manvantara???

from wikipedia:
Manvantara or Manuvantara [1], or age of a Manu [2], the Hindu progenitor of mankind, is an astronomical period of time measurement. Manvantara is a Sanskrit sandhi, a combination of words manu and antara, manu-antara or manvantara, literally meaning the duration of a Manu, or his life span [3].

Each Manvantara is created and ruled by a specific Manu, who in turn is created by Brahma, the Creator himself. Manu creates the world, and all its species during that period of time, each Manvantara lasts the lifetime of a Manu, upon whose death, Brahma creates another Manu to continue the cycle of Creation or Shristi, Vishnu on his part takes a new avtar, and also a new Indra and Saptarishis are appointed.

Eventually it takes 14 Manus and their respective Manvantaras to create a Kalpa, Aeon, or a ?Day of Brahma?, according to the Hindu Time Cycles and also the Vedic timeline. Thereafter, at the end of each Kalpa, there is a period of dissolution or Pralaya [4], wherein the world is destroyed and it is lies in a state of rest, during a period called the, ?Night of Brahma?.

After that the creator, Brahma starts his cycle of creation all over again, in an endless cycle of creation followed by Destruction for which Shiva, Hindu God of destruction, and also renewal, is invoked towards the end of each such cycle [5].

I think this speaks to the NewSun setup quite well.
Brahman is the Increate.  Manu could be a Heirogrammite  Severian a Shiva or Kali.  something like that.  again, I don't mean it as an exact template.

~witz