(urth) Sapphire Star

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 19:30:31 PST 2008

Another point that may be of interest regarding red within or beneath blue.

In Byzantine art, red is the color of divinity, blue the color of
humanity.  Christ is therefore often shown with blue over red--the
divine "putting on" the human form.  (Mary, in contrast, wears red
over blue, the human taken up by divine grace).