(urth) AEG clones

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Tue Dec 23 16:30:38 PST 2008

Roy C. Lackey wrote:
> Yeah, but only while things were good. When push came to shove, Kanoa turned
> on him and got him killed.
I tend to see Kanoa as a spy for Cthulhu from the beginning. His phony,
exaggerated British speech is meant to make people underestimate him
(like Captain Bram Bert).

What things can we deduce about King Kanoa?
1) Cast spells against seasickness (239).
2) Hated his father, and was not sorry when he died (239).
3) Said he couldn't tell anything about the Storm King  (239).
4) Grandfather was a wizard who caught the soul of Hanga (240).
5) His father placated Hanga with human sacrifices. "Bit peckish at
times, but aren't we all." (241).
6) Tracked comings and goings of Reis carefully. "At times I wonder when
he sleeps" (243).
7) Only lesser king with his own apartment in the palace (243). This
access would help him conspire with the assassin.
8) Fought with and beat up on other men in his village (244).
9) Knew the Storm King feared depth charges (246).
10) Bribed by Reis (248).
11) His play counterpart is Tiny Penniman (249), who also played someone
in "The Red Spot" who enlisted an assassin to kill Cassie's character (61).
12) A devout worshipper of the Storm King (283).
13) Used Cassie as a "puppet ruler" to kill Bill, just as the assassin
wanted (284),
14) Advised her to marry someone familiar with the local situation. He
meant himself (284).
15) Cassie says killing Kanoa was self-defense. "If I told you what he
wanted me to do you'd think I was crazy, and he'd have killed me if I
didn't do it" (299). Was it marriage she meant, or becoming a slave of
the Storm King (as the assassin wanted her, instructed and tested 251)?
Probably the latter, since Klauser wouldn't think the former was that crazy.