(urth) The Will Of God

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Dec 8 07:26:48 PST 2008

On the other hand, if every possible event is God's will, then the
concept of God's will becomes meaningless. It will only matter, after
accepting a fully populated tree, whether something is possible, i.e.,
if there is a branch for it. ------------------------------ Message: 11
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 05:16:28 -0700 From: Dave Tallman
<davetallman at msn.com> Subject: Re: (urth) The Will Of God To:
urth at lists.urth.net Message-ID: <493D101C.9040404 at gmail.com>

> > /

> > /

> > /

> > /
> > I am not sure that I understand you.

It seems a bit contradictory to the concept of "the will of God" that
God would allow timelines in which every possible thing happens. It
would follow from what you said before that every possible thing is the
will of God.

Have you read Niven's "All the Myriad Ways"? It takes the multiple
worlds concept to just such a depressing moral conclusion. People who
are contemplating murder, rape, or suicide ask themselves -- "Why not?
It's going to happen somewhere."

---
Virus Database (VPS): 081208-0, 12/08/2008
Tested on: 12/8/2008 10:26:49 AM