(urth) An Old mystery ...

Jordon Flato jordonflato at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 13:10:27 PST 2008

Well, the flood of Noah was eugenics too, in a way then.  The cultures and
peoples of Urth have lost there way in BotNS.   They dying sun is a direct
reflection (and cause, and reflection and cause and etc.) of the decaying
nature of Urth society and it's people.  Surely god could have done
something to change the minds of the people of Noahs time, or something
else, rather than destroying them all.  But he didn't.  A new humanity was
needed.  The Hierogrammates implated the worm because, ostensibly (and here
I don't have the evidence at hand) Humanity was out of control.  The
Humanity of Typhons reign was heading in a satanic direction.  Now, the
conciliator comes along and sets things in a bit of a new direction, but the
world is still decaying, built upon the ruins of civilzations
past...fragmented, disconnected, distant from the Increate.  So, how would
taking all of these folks to other worlds be a better choice?   Only if
there isn't a metaphisical aspect of the soul does saving their earthly
bodies matter.  If the race isn't destroyed, then the further generations of
mankind will continue to degrade.  You will have more Baldanders.  You may
have the victory of the Acians.  Who knows.  But the direction the world is
headed in New Sun is not good.  So, a return to paradise is needed.  And
look what becomes of it.  A peaceful society that breeds the Green Man, a
race completely at harmony with it's environment.  Isn't that the 'good
thing' in the ultimate sense that you are looking for?  Or is the world of
Master Ash, where mankind has scattered again to the stars (those that could
be evacuated) and the world left to die in ice.  That is the alternative to
the Flood.  We see that future, and it is horrific.

The future of the Green Man IS the textual evidence of the goodness of the
flood, in my opinion.