(urth) An Old mystery ...

Jordon Flato jordonflato at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:11:47 PST 2008

> >Not exactly sure that's a fair way to describe the Second Coming...the
> >End of the Universe is naturally a "mass genocide" in a sense, but a
> >very limited one...

Fair enough.  But, the end of everything is a limited genocide?  I guess you
can argue that, but there is always the ever present and tiring argument
that the billions of non-Christians slated to go to hell is about as bad as
the drowning of most of Urth.  However, that is a surface level and facile
argument that I'm not going to put forward.  To me, that's about the level
of "if God is so good, how come he let's kids die" argument, which I also
think is facile.

I'm going to definitely concede that one area that Severian is very
UNChristlike is that he isn't aware of his (possible) connection with the
Divine plan.  Christ certainly knows where his bread is buttered.  Sev
doesn't.  But again, at root this is all a "Sev has some echos of the Christ
Myth" not "Sev is actually Christ".

The hair's we are splitting are getting so fine I'm gonna need a bigger
scalpel.