(urth) A new mystery ...

Lane Haygood lhaygood at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 16:19:34 PST 2008

The areas of my expertise are limited to law and philosophy. ;) So I've just
about reached the limit of my depth.  And my specialization isn't in ancient
Greek philosophy, so I can't tell you all that much about aquastors or
Paracelsus, but Platonic idealism I can.  At the very least, the way I read
Wolfe was using Plato is more how Plato was received by the Gnostics and
Neoplatonists, who had a decidedly more systematic and mystic bent to their
Platonism than what I guess we could call "orthodox" Platonism.

Lane