(urth) New Wolfe Listing on Amazon

"Fernando Q. Gouvêa" fqgouvea at colby.edu
Thu Aug 21 18:41:32 PDT 2008

> Matthew Groves wrote:
>> What would your personal Best of Gene Wolfe's Short Fiction anthology
>> contain?  I would include all the novellas from The Island of Doctor
>> Death and Other Stories and Other Stories.

Hmmm, an interesting exercise, this. I'd probably favor the shorter
stories so that I could fit more of them in. Let's see:

Forlesen
The Island of Doctor Death and Other Stories
How the Whip Came Back
A Cabin on the Coast
Parkroads
A Solar Labyrinth
Westwind
The Detective of Dreams
Queen
The Hero as Werwolf
How I Lost the Second World War and Helped Turn Back the German Invasion
In Looking-Glass Castle
La Befana
The War Beneath the Tree
No Planets Strike
Our Neighbour by David Copperfield
When I Was Ming the Merciless
The Toy Theater

Naah, it's hopeless. I like too many of them. And that's mostly sticking
to the older stories and avoiding all the novellas...

Fernando

Fernando Q. Gouvea
Carter Professor of Mathematics
Colby College                     Editor, MAA FOCUS
5836 Mayflower Hill               Editor, MAA Reviews
Waterville, ME 04901              http://mathdl.maa.org/mathDL/19/
http://www.colby.edu/~fqgouvea

Who among us can resist the allure of really funny math puns?