(urth) Peace, and colors, and murder, and games

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Wed Aug 27 19:29:51 PDT 2008

So I'm re-reading Robert Borski on _Peace_, and it's quite clever.

But something else occurs to me.

The characters have, indeed, obvious color associations.  And, well,
there are clearly some murders in _Peace_.

And that got me thinking about Mrs. Peacock, and Mr. Green, and Mrs.
White, and Professor Plum, and a nefarious House littered about with
implements of murder.

I wonder if, just as there's a reading of _Through The Looking Glass
and what Alice Found There_ as a chess game, there's a reading of
_Peace_ as a game of _Clue_ (_Cluedo_ to you Brits).  Has anyone
already traversed this particular path?

Adam