(urth) Etymology/meaning/onomatopoeic aspects of the word "Urth"

Michael Straight mfstraight at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 13:05:02 PDT 2008

I don't know if it has anything to do with Wolfe's intent, but I can't
look at the word "Urth" without thinking of the ancient Mesopotamian
city of Ur.

Also, there just aren't many English words that start with "ur".
It's a weird-looking word, which is part of what makes it attractive
and exotic.

-- Rostrum