(urth) Long Review Essay on Wizard Knight

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Tue Sep 25 10:39:41 PDT 2007

> On 9/25/07, brunians at brunians.org <brunians at brunians.org> wrote:

>> The seven layer world is itself an afterlife.

>> It's similar to Dante's Purgatory, but not identical.

>> It is an afterlife to which has gone a decent kid (of, English, Norse
>> and Irish descent, I believe) who is not a Christian. He's managed to
>> write a letter to his brother by stimulating Gene to write this book.

> Certainly an interesting theory, though I think you're wrong about the
> "stimulating Gene" part -- doesn't he say that he has seen Ben in
> Mythgarthr?

Might be. Don't remember.

Able definitely talks about writing Ben a letter.

> At any rate, it being an afterlife does explain some things, but it leaves
> others hanging. Can you elaborate?

Not at this time. I think it is pretty obvious.

> FWIW, I didn't (and don't) see the worlds of the _Commedia_ in the
> Seven Layer World; I see the worlds of the Edda.

On second thought, I agree that there is not really too strong a
correlation between Dante and TWK. I don't think anyone is going to argue
that TWK does not resemble the Edda.

.