(urth) Long Review Essay on Wizard Knight

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:29:41 PDT 2007

On 9/25/07, brunians at brunians.org <brunians at brunians.org> wrote:

> The seven layer world is itself an afterlife.
>
> It's similar to Dante's Purgatory, but not identical.
>
> It is an afterlife to which has gone a decent kid (of, English, Norse and
> Irish descent, I believe) who is not a Christian. He's managed to write a
> letter to his brother by stimulating Gene to write this book.

Certainly an interesting theory, though I think you're wrong about the
"stimulating Gene" part -- doesn't he say that he has seen Ben in
Mythgarthr?

At any rate, it being an afterlife does explain some things, but it leaves
others hanging. Can you elaborate?

FWIW, I didn't (and don't) see the worlds of the _Commedia_ in the
Seven Layer World; I see the worlds of the Edda.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----