(urth) PF review

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 17:56:37 PST 2007

On 2007.12.01 07:45:16 +1100, thalassocrat at nym.hush.com scribbled 0 lines:
> Chris is indeed a bad man. But he has direct encounters with Christ
> (or at least believes he does). In one of them, Christ tells him
> that all that is needed is for Chris to love him. What to think
> about that? You can be a mobster and a pirate, but if you love
> Christ it doesn't matter? Is that good theology? For me it might
> serve as a reductio ad absurdum against that theology; but what's
> Wolfe's view?

Wolfe is a Catholic, and I believe the pithy formulation is 'salvation by faith alone', and not works; hard cases make for bad law, but if salvation by faith alone works for even a degenerate Chris, then surely it must have sufficient virtue for lesser sinners?

--
gwern
Axis LEETAC 707 b SUKLO .tc besopasnosti SAMU CTP Fetish