(urth) * Spoilers * PF stuff

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Thu Nov 29 21:26:02 PST 2007

Some quick musings after a first run through ..

Can we take it that Chris is a clone? He says his father told him
he'd "engineered" Chris for height; there is no hint whatsoever, as
far as I can see, that a mother ever existed. He also describes
himself at one point as a "half-human monster", fwiw.

We're sort of in 5HC territory here ... but how far can we take
that thought? In 5HC the criminal father trains the clone up to be
exactly like himself; in PF the mafioso father sends the clone to a
monastic school. A big question here is, of course, why did Chris'
father do that?

Was it because he himself was educated in a monastery, and his
agenda was to make of Chris an improved (or, at least, taller)
version of himself? Or was it to turn Chris into something
completely different from himself?

The latter would put an interestingly paradoxical twist on things.
The mafioso father wants to keep Chris out of "the life"; God comes
along and puts him back in it. So next big question; why would God
do that?