(urth) The problem of Cthulhu

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Wed Jun 20 14:49:10 PDT 2007

> --- brunians at brunians.org wrote:

>>  I think you will get in trouble thinking of neanderthals as
>> proto-humans. They are as human as you if not more so. They
>> were skilled engineers, among other things, and also your
>> ancestors if you are even part-European.

> I think that much of this is still up for debate,

Some of us are on one side or another of that debate.

> especially the interbreeding part,

Look around you, especially if you have Polynesian, Norwegian or
Australian aboriginal neighbors (that's 'European' in a very broad sense:
everyone here knows that native Australians are born brown-haired or even
blonde).

>                                    but the fact that
> there is a debate still validates your argument as
> tenable, and elevates it beyond snickering at, imo.

Thank you.

> mean, thirty years ago, we used to think the dinosaurs
> died out completely (other than crocodiles and sharks
> and such) Now, it's generally accepted that their
> descendants are flying outside our window every day.
> But don't worry, we'll kill 'em eventually.

The black ones are smart.

They'll be here after we're gone.

.