(urth) Film Version of New Sun?

Scott K scott at skatemonk.com
Tue Jun 19 14:11:12 PDT 2007

I would so love to see a not-for-kids animated version, as I feel that
animation is almost the only way to convey the feel of a story like
this (similar to how I feel about the rumored Neil Gaiman Sandman film-
think Miazaki!). Did anyone see the TV miniseries of Ghormenghast? That
was a wonderful (and fairly long) telling of the first 2 books of the
cycle. I don't think Mervyn Peake was all that great a writer, those
books were all about conveying loads of tone and atmosphere, and I
thought the movie did it pretty well. Maybe a TV miniseries would be
the best way to convey Sev's story, as layered and atmospheric as it
is. I don't think there's a big enough fan base to support a cinematic
film, but I'd never heard of Bridge to Tarabethia before, either, so
who knows?
-Scott K