(urth) Tracking Song and The Call of the Wild

Matthew Groves matthewalangroves at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 22:14:13 PDT 2007

> Is Nashwonk not a giant but merely
> an ordinary sized man, and the other characters in the story still roughly
> the same size as their animal counterparts?

I don't think so. There are several giants in the story, and I'm
convinced they all correspond to large animals. Nashhwonk is a moose (the
chair is his antlers), Mimmunka is some kind of large cat ("feminine"
appearance, high cheekbones, big green eyes, soft-looking hand, cruelly
hooked weapon), Ketin is a lion (big eyes, mane).  The tall, winged man at
the end is obviously some kind of bird, whatever else he may represent.