(urth) Good advice from Alan Moore

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:43:56 PDT 2007

On 6/7/07, Joe Smulkstis <jismulkstis at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> Daniel,

It's Dan'l. Honest.

> I noticed the (slightly wrong) quote from Zappa's "Evelyn, a Modified Dog".

?? How did I blow it?? At any rate, a favorite song from a favorite album.

> I'm a little surprised that a Catholic (which I was raised as, I'm now agnostic)
> would be a Zappa fan, but as a feminist and a Zappa fan I guess I shouldn't
> be.

Have been since first hearing "Billy the Mountain" in my freshman year of
collitch. And I'm a RC, a Zappa fan -- a fan of "progressive" music in general
-- *and* as much of a "feminist" as a man can reasonably be. (I worry about
appropriating the term, blablablah.) Not to mention an existentialist,
a humanist,
a Taoist, and a skeptic. I am large (or at least overweight); I
contain multitudes.

> I'm curious as to whether Wolfe's audience is more religious in general
> than your average SF reader.

Not in my experience... I think that religious SF readers may be slightly more
attracted to Wolfe, but not by a huge margin; and certainly quite a few of
the listmembers here (which I take as about as paradigmatic a grouping of
Lupines as you'll get) are non-religious.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----