(urth) The problem of Cthulhu

don doggett kingwukong at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 14:09:48 PDT 2007

--- Matthew Keeley <matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't read "A Study in Emerald," though as a fan
> of both Holmes and
> Lovecraft, I really should. Everyone says it's
> incredible.

It's a masterpiece of short fiction. Gaiman's all over
the place in terms of quality, but this is a prime
example of why he's so highly regarded. His other
Cthulhu tale is Only the End of the World Again, which
uses Larry Talbot, the wolfman, and is also a
continuation of, and tribute to, Harlan Ellison's
Adrift Just Off the Islets of Langerhans. Oh yeah, and
Shoggoth's Old Peculiar, which is pretty funny. Both
of these are in Smoke and Mirrors.

Don

The Evangelists: a Lesser Apocrypha                                                                        http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=178109961