(urth) The Distant Suns of Gene Wolfe

Daniel D Jones ddjones at riddlemaster.org
Tue Jun 5 14:58:18 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 12:53, Recursive Loop wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> "Well, at the risk of being labelled a nitpick, they
> are called halflings by the Gondorians. But it appears
> that it's a "real" word that can't be copyrighted."
>
> Nitpick away! You are exactly right. One word is the invention of the
> Professor. The other is a "real world word".
>
> Hence the deletion of "Cthulhu" and other words from the Monster Manual.

Although I haven't played in _years_, I still have the Monster Manual which
includes creatures from Michael Moorcock's Elric/Immortal Champion series.  I
don't recall which edition it is - I'm reasonably certain that it isn't the
first - and I'd have to dig through a lot of boxes to find it.  But it's
there.

> TSR had a good business relationship with Leiber and published supplements
> based on his works.

I believe I also have a Lankhmar based campaign.