(urth) Typhon & Whor

Michael Straight mfstraight at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:31:46 PST 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 8:25 AM, Pedro Pereira <domus_artemis at hotmail.com> wrote:
> People forget things
> like that you cannot add a white hole to a black hole, like in -1+1=0 and
> that reverts everything back to "normal."

Don't you think that's a pretty tiny nitpick compared to the fact that
white holes are not generally bonded to individual human beings?

Severian bringing the New Sun is essentially a miracle on the order of
Moses parting the Red Sea.

>I can hardly call his books hard sci-fi (in fact very few books are
even many of those considered > so), although he does take great care
in making everything consistent and credible.

I think the New Sun series is intended to be hard-sci-fi in a universe
in which miracles sometimes occur.  Just like our own :-).

Rostrum