(urth) Typhon & Whorl

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Mon Dec 24 04:28:58 PST 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:48:33 +1100 "Roy C. Lackey"
<rclackey at stic.net> wrote:

>I'm confused. In your theory did Sev1 bring a New Sun or not? If
>the answer
>is no, and if Sev2's timeline went poof with Silkhorn's astral
>visit, so
>that he didn't bring a New Sun either, as your theory contends,
>then Urth
>was doomed to the ice future. If the answer is yes, then what is
>the
>ultimate difference whether he brought the New Sun or if Sev2
>brought it, as
>it happens in the Urth Cycle? No matter who fetches the white
>fountain, the
>result is Ushas and the Hierogrammates get what they wanted and
>the cycle of
>repeating universes goes on.

Sorry, didn't make that clear. I think that Sev1 did not bring the
New Sun. If there was still a possibility that he might have for
some time, it indeed went poof with SilkHorn's visit, if not
before.

Urth presumably dies the ice death, but so what? No mega-deaths,
and at least one human world probably flourishing - Blue - if not
Green & others as well.