(urth) Typhon & Whorl

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Sun Dec 23 17:06:55 PST 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 05:41:48 +1100 Marc Aramini
<marcaramini at yahoo.com> wrote:
>great stuff, and I especially was always puzzled by the zen like
>koan where Ymar gets up and follows the dog (remember, he sits
>under a tree, and all manner of men and women come by, but he only

>moves to follow the dog) -but this idea makes it very, very
>important and masterfully relevant.  otherwise, it is inscrutable.

> Sev1's bond with Triskele ... yet would Sev1 have the power to
>return Triskele from the dead, as Sev 2 did - ie - "he was the
>smallest of those dead", to paraphrase?

I thought of the Ymar story right after posting the message - one
of those nice little flashes which can fool you into thinking that
what you've said actually makes sense :)

Triskele *looked* dead but Sev doesn't say that he actually was
dead. He doesn't seem to have any of the vagueness resurrected
humans seem to experience.

On a different note, I think Sev's little episodes where he thinks
he might be insane could point to key Sev1/Sev2 divergences.
Something to look out for on my next trawl through NS ...