(urth) The Soundtrack

Sarah Dorrance-Minch isobelwren at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 18:34:39 PDT 2007

Mark Lewin <mark.lewin at gmail.com> wrote:    And ... in the absence of any films, what do you like to listen to when you read GW?

  Philip Glass. Gorecki. Michael Nyman. Prokofiev's soundtrack to Alexander Nevsky.  Toto's soundtrack to DUNE.  Russian Orthodox chants. Tangerine Dream. Dead Can Dance. Peter Gabriel. Diamanda Galas. And when I don't mind a little cognitive dissonance, Kate Bush or the Moody Blues. When I don't mind a lot of cognitive dissonance, The Beach Boys, Michael Longcor, or Steeleye Span.

Sarah Dorrance-Minch
(in SCA, THL Isobel Wren, called "Midori")

Mother to Sophie (10/28/02), Liesl (5/17/04) and Kassandra (4/1/07) and
militant lactivist dairy queen. I should wear a cowbell.

In a dark time, the eye begins to see