(urth) Funding

Chris Mulder chris_mulder at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 5 20:27:31 PDT 2006

Greetings,

       I am an avid Wolfe reader, and am just beginning RttW, so no spoilers yet for me!  Anyway, I would be interested in helping to compile a glossary/reference work or help in any way on a close read.  I recently purchased Lexicon Urthus off ebay and while it is quite good, I was hoping a secord try might run a bit deeper (without turning into the OED) and span New Sun, Long Sun and Short Sun, plus related shorts.

       Obviously, it is a big job, and won't be completed anytime soon, but it could be made much easier by numbers of readers, enthusiasm, and the web.  I would be willing to help fund it, as well.  What I would be interested to know is what an annual cost might be, plus interest level of contributors.  Also, I wouldn't want to run afoul of other copyright holders.

       By the way, I have been following everyone's comments for months, and have even fought through many of the old posts back to the beginning.  Reading different perspectives has really helped me come to enjoy the whole much more deeply.  It's just amazing what each individual hits upon as being important, while others (usually me) miss it entirely.  Thanks to all of you for that.

  cm