(urth) OT: Tiptree/Sheldon

Dave Lebling dlebling at hyraxes.com
Thu Oct 19 17:12:56 PDT 2006

I found the Tiptree/Sheldon biography to be simultaneously reverential
and revelatory. I don't think it was full of pop psychology or
pseudo-feminism. On the contrary, it very accurately (to my mind at
least) portrayed the generational split between the feminism of the 40s
to early 60s and the next generation that came of age in the late 60s
and 70s. Its insights into Sheldon's character and motivations seemed
both sympathetic and insightful.

I never met Alice Sheldon but I knew enough women of her generation to
see the portrait as true-to-life. I would highly recommend the book to
any fan of her writing.

-- Dave Lebling (aka vizcacha)