(urth) Borski and cacogens (Long)

b sharp bsharporflat at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 15:45:54 PDT 2006

Roy says:
>Cacogen is a derogatory general term used on Urth to indicate all non-human
>aliens. Not all cacogens belong to the same species. Not all "holy slaves"
>need belong to the same species. Inire and the Cumaean are in fact
>Hierodules.
>"...the Cumaean, she was a Hierodule, like you. Father Inire told me."
 >     Famulimus and Barbatus nodded." (URTH, 357)

Good catch Roy and good analysis.
It is the in the appendix of Claw where Wolfe tells us they are both
cacogens. But since I'm in a priggish mood I'll increase the precision and
observe that text tells us that The Cumaean is a hierodule but not Inire. So
she, at least, is both cacogen and hierodule.

-bsharp