(urth) Borski and cacogens (Long)

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Tue May 23 10:34:50 PDT 2006

b sharp wrote:
>So I wouldn't call The Cumaean (or Inire) Hierodules because they have
>bestial associations (and may be capable of rather beastial behavior.).
>They are ugly and can scare small children (Domnina) when they smile.  The
>Hierodules or "holy slaves" seem to inhabit the space between human and
>angel (or arch-angel as Tzadkiel's name suggests). They are inhumanly
>beautiful and are so pure we aren't even supposed to discuss slime around
>them.

Cacogen is a derogatory general term used on Urth to indicate all non-human
aliens. Not all cacogens belong to the same species. Not all "holy slaves"
need belong to the same species. Inire and the Cumaean are in fact
Hierodules.

"...the Cumaean, she was a Hierodule, like you. Father Inire told me."
      Famulimus and Barbatus nodded." (URTH, 357)

-Roy