(urth) Thecla/Hethor

maru dubshinki marudubshinki at gmail.com
Sat May 6 00:34:11 PDT 2006

On 5/5/06, pthwndxrclzp <aquastor at gmail.com> wrote:
> This raises an interesting question. What do y'all consider to be the
> canonical editions of the books? The original Timescape paperbacks? Deluxe
> hc editions? The 2-in-1 Shadow/Claw Sword/Citadel trade paperbacks? The
> 4-in-1 SF Book club edition (my personal reading fave for convenience's sake
> alone, but probably too obscure to be useful in citations)?
>
> P.S. Don't know if it's still the case, but even just a couple years ago you
> could still sign up for the SF Book club and pick multiple copies of the
> 4-in-1 Urth volume as your 6 free books. Great for St. Katharine's Day
> gifts!

Hmm. I don't really know. Does it actually matter? I mean, they are
simply different physical editions, and so far as I know, the actual
text doesn't vary (and varying texts, in the abstract sense, is the
usual bone of contention), which would seem to be more important.  It
doesn't seem to matter even for citations, since everybody in the list
seems to go Book, Chapter, and verse, rather than page numbers.

~maru