(urth) Eyes of Thecla

Matthew King automatthew at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:17:13 PDT 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 6:57 AM, b sharp wrote:

> Okay, my last thoughts on this.  So it looks like the only two
> characters
> with explicitly described violet/purple eyes are Thecla and the
> paracoita.
> Hethor blames his "shipmates" and "not shipmates" (or was it
> "crewmates"?)
> for stealing her.  Perhaps "not shipmate" means passenger?  There
> is one
> character who was both a passenger on the Quasar ship and is
> associated with
> Thecla, which is the old Autarch, Appian.

"What kind of men could do as they have done - thieves, false
friends, betrayers, bad
shipmates, no shipmates, murderers and kidnappers."

This appears to be a string of epithets, not an enumeration of those
involved.  I read "no shipmates" as a reply and extension to "bad
shipmates".

I.e. "Bad shipmates? They are not my mates at all!"