(urth) Unhappiness with fantasy writing

pthwndxrclzp aquastor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 10:50:02 PDT 2006

Herter's first novel, "Ceres Storm," came out in 2000. Dense, compelling,
definitely Wolfean in approach, as noted. Link to Amazon listing for the
book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312874936/sr=8-3/qid=1150393596/ref=sr_1_3/104-4115854-4295931?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Interestingly, Herter's next book (2002) was a fantasy, "Evening's Empire."
Haven't read it yet, but I'm not surprised to see the Amazon.com review page
name-checking Gene Wolfe on the book.
See
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312870345/sr=8-2/qid=1150393596/ref=sr_1_2/104-4115854-4295931?%5Fencoding=UTF8