(urth) Unhappiness with fantasy writing

pthwndxrclzp aquastor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 09:44:17 PDT 2006

Sorry to begin by hijacking your post...but I am similarly dismayed by what
I see as both Charles Stross' and John C. Wright's almost simultaneous shift
from deft and enthralling sf  to clunky, contrived, half-hearted fantasy.
Their sf is terrific, though.

Back to the original topic, as for Ms. Jones, wow, I'm heading to the
bookstore tomorrow <grin>. Thanks!

And to try to keep things on-topic for the group at large, I'm surprised I
haven't heard mention of either David Herter or Alexander Jablokov, both of
whom strike me as being quite favorably Wolfean in their style, erudition,
and recurrent bouts of playfully deliberate obscurity....