(urth) Urth before Earth

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Sun Jul 23 11:22:58 PDT 2006

bsharp wrote:
>Genesis 37:9 is
>about Joseph and reads:
>
>>Then he had another dream, and this one, too, he told to his brothers. "I
>>had another dream," he >said; "this time, the sun and the moon and eleven
>>stars were bowing down to me."
>
>I can't even find that in Urth. It surely is important.  Help!

Page 267. This line immediately follows the biblical quote:

"Its words show plainly how much wiser the peoples of ages
long past were than we are now; not for nothing is that
book titled _The Book of the Wonders of Urth and Sky_."

Severian had memorized the entire brown book. His words indicate to me that
Earth is unquestionably in Urth's past.

-Roy