(urth) Two tombs

don doggett kingwukong at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 4 11:27:58 PDT 2006

--- thalassocrat at nym.hush.com wrote:

> I've tried to make up stories about who the other
> coffins in Sev's
> tomb might belong to, but I can't find anything to
> go on. And why
> *two* open?
>
> Ideas, anyone?

One is Severian's analog (Ymar, imo) or Sev himself,
the other his twin sister (probably Merryn, possibly
Valeria) though I feel strongly that the sex of Sev's
twin is variable. There's a lot of gender ambiguity in
Wolfe's work, it seems to me, beginning with 5HC.

Don

p.s. I've finished Soldier of Sidon, and I couldn't be
more pleased. If anyone else has read it, feel free to
write me offlist. Otherwise, I eagerly await the
October discussions.