(urth) Re-reading, hoping for some discussion ;-)

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue Aug 15 07:15:46 PDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 07:21:42AM -0400, b sharp wrote:
: out and other parts diminish.  In reading Solar Labyrinth earlier this year,

Mine is on the way.  Did you find it worth reading?

: But I have mixed feelings about a BotNS movie.  I'd like to see it, just
: because I love movies and I think current CGI technology could do it

Now we can degrade the list into polls on who should play Severian, et al.
:-)

: justice, visually.  But a movie which didn't capture the tone and feeling of
: BotNS could actually hurt the popularity of the books, as I think the Dune
: movies have done.

I was excited when the SciFi channel Dune came out, but I have mixed feelings
about it.  Much better, in some ways, than the movie, but still empty in many
other ways.  Not sure if I want to rent/buy 'Children of Dune' out of
curiosity or not.  I never did get around to reading the book.

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.