(urth) Severian's miraculous eclipse

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Wed Apr 26 08:20:28 PDT 2006

Rex Racer wrote:
> I thought that Apu Panchu heralded the beginning of the movement of the
> New Sun (white fountain) towards Earth's sun, and not the insertion of
> the blackhole, so that it could arrive after its long voyage to Urth a
> the proper time after her epitome was found True.

This isn't necessary in a Christian allegory about an eternal
Pancreator; just as Christ was present at the Creation before there was
anyone to be saved, it's fitting that the Pancreator, foreseeing the
sorrowful misdeeds of mankind, sent the white fountain toward the earth
ages before it was needed, to give it time to complete its ages-long
journey.  Apu Punchau greets the first light of the WF reaching earth,
but doubtless it had been on its way already.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >