(urth) OT: Christian relativity - in which I mangle philosophy of science

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 08:41:17 PDT 2006

On 4/25/06, Iorwerth Thomas <iorweththomas at hotmail.com> wrote:
> More or less what I intended to say;  thanks!

Thank _you_! I'm not a scientist, or a philosopher, but an autodidact
who reads and writes on both subjects and keeps hoping to get
paid for it. So it's good to find out that when I set out to translate
a scientist's philosophical statement I got it (more or less) right.

H'mmm. Is there a formulation of QFT in which relativistic causality
is _not_ violated -- or at least rendered irrelevant? I somehow had
the impression this was one of the big barriers to making quantum
gravity theories work. --at any rate, it seems the the experiments
which (seem to) confirm the Bell hypothesis throw relativistic
causality into a very cocked hat.

I'm pretty sure that the whole point of relativity is _not_ to have
a preferred frame of reference. But, ZPF theory may mess that
up pretty good (if it ever amounts to anything).

--Dan'l

--
I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
                        -- St Teresa of Avila