(urth) Information, etc.

Iorwerth Thomas iorweththomas at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 14:00:17 PDT 2006

Quick addendum:  A lot depends on the value assigned to 'law of nature', as
well.  I suspect Whiteheadean Process Theists of having a view that's
similar to a 'contigent regularity subject to gradual evolution + God'
concept of the laws of nature, as opposed to the 'stable laws layed down in
stone' concept that seems to be the norm, so even within broadly defined
theistic contexts there are quite few options [1].  I'll admit to not being
entirely sure enough of the relationship between the 'laws of nature in our
heads' and the ones 'out there' to be able to construct a clear account of
the term 'miracle' in terms of the violation of either.  Which may just be
me.

[1]  The former of those two requires that you read Whitehead though, who is
not what I'd call a great prose stylist...