(urth) Christian relativity

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 11 12:46:24 PDT 2006

> > Check Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen theory and experiments. It has been
> > conclusively proven that news can spread instanteously, perhaps even
> > backward in time - but only for the internal purposes of the universe.
> > You cannot transmit information faster than light. Universe can.
>
>a) Details.  Cites.

As much as I appreciate an eye for detail, this isn't a physics lists. In
any event I believe he was not referring to any one particular paper on the
subject - there is a great deal of talk about EPR and its implications out
there. You can start with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_inequality

The gist I think of what he was talking about in the paragraph above is that
there are things that seem to be instantaneous interactions at a distance,
but that these do not transfer information in any formal sense and thus can
be considered not to violate relativity. Maybe.

>b) This is God we're talking about here.  You know - omniscient,
>omnipotent, omnipresent, creation-ex-nihilo, rising-from-the-dead
>God.  Is anybody really worried that he couldn't get information
>out faster than light if He wanted to?

Deists, I would suppose.