(urth) Christian relativity

Adrian Robert arobert at cogsci.ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 7 11:23:19 PDT 2006

On Apr 7, 2006, at 1:49 PM, tom at bitterman.net wrote:

> Quoting Stanislaus <sbocian at poczta.fm>:
>
>> Hello nastler,
>>
>> Friday, April 7, 2006, 3:33:28 PM, you wrote:
>>
>>> Quote suggesting one reason a Christian author might
>>> wish to write a universe without relativity. The time
>>> scales in the Sun series are extended, but the
>>> principle holds. The "news" cannot have spread through
>>> the universe without bypassing physics as we know it.
>>
>> Check Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen theory and experiments. It has been
>> conclusively proven that news can spread instanteously, perhaps even
>> backward in time - but only for the internal purposes of the
>> universe.
>> You cannot transmit information faster than light. Universe can.
>
> a) Details.  Cites.

A good book I read explaining this and related areas is _Quantum
Reality_, by Nick Herbert.  It's a few years old, maybe there's
something better now, but it will get the job done..  The ideas of
the EPR experiment and Bell's Theorem are nonetheless a bit too fuzzy
in my mind at the moment to try providing details here.

(BTW, I hadn't thought of Bell's in connection with Christian or
other religious ideas, but that's pretty cool..)

Adrian