(urth) grengarm

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Thu May 5 15:02:26 PDT 2005

On Thu, 05 May 2005 13:28:19 -0700 thoms at sas.upenn.edu wrote:
>I'm new to the list, and I have a burning question, having just
>finished reading
>both the Knight and the Wizard:
>Whose face does Able see as he looks into Grengarm's maw?

Art says somewhere in Wizard that he saw the screaming faces of
those who had been sacrificed to Grengarm by the Easterlings at
ummm the Mountain of Fire or whatever it's called.

How that fits with Garseg's face in Setr, I'm not sure. After
reading Knight, I was convinced that Setr had eaten Garsecg, who I
thought must have been the original king of the Sea Aelf, and
therefore Setr had his face & coud assume his form. That would have

fitted with the faces in Grengarm, but it doesn't seem to get
supported by much else.

On the other hand, Garsecg appears to be much older than Arnthor
and Morcaine, his supposed siblings ...