(urth) grengarm

thoms at sas.upenn.edu thoms at sas.upenn.edu
Thu May 5 13:28:19 PDT 2005

I'm new to the list, and I have a burning question, having just finished reading
both the Knight and the Wizard:
Whose face does Able see as he looks into Grengarm's maw?
At the end of TK, after Able stabs Grengarm and the two begin falling, the
dragon's head turns toward him and opens. At this moment Able writes something
to the effect of "that which was hidden was revealed."
Wolfe established earlier that no matter what form Garsecg took, be it the
alligator-like creature on the steps of the Tower of Glas, or his true
dragon-form, Setr, Garsecg's face appears in the mouths of both.
At first I thought it would turn out to be Arnthor or Morcaine, since they were
siblings to Setr/Garsecg, but their appearance after Grengarm is killed would
seem to rule that out.
Anyone else have any thoughts about this?
Thanks, and I have enjoyed reading through the previous posts.
Scott