(urth) My eyes!

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:33:32 PST 2005

Welcome!

A good place to start (he said, mischeviously, but not completely)
is with the short story collection "Gene Wolfe's Castle of Days,"
which has a bunch of Wolfe's essays on tBotNS in it.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:55:47 +0000, Dayton Williams
<lord_dimwit at hotmail.com> wrote:
> ... So.  About a week ago I finished Book of the New Sun.  Absolutely adored
> the books.  Wolfe does more in 20-30 pages or so with Typhon, than other
> authors (*cough* *cough* Robert Jordan *cough*) have accomplished in
> long-running series.
>
> After I was done, I couldn't help but feel that, even though I understood
> most of what happened, I didn't really get any of it.  So I poked around the
> 'net for more information on the series, and I find this ML.  And ... well
> ... I can't make much more sense out of the discussions going on here than I
> could out of the books ¬_¬ (and besides, there're spoilers for books I
> haven't read yet).
>
> Not that I imagine Wolfe's readership overlaps with anime fandom much, but
> Wolfe is like throwing Kino's Journeys and The Big O into the blender.  My
> eyes!  My eyes!  Aaaaaaah~
>
> :D
>
> ... Is there a FAQ or something on BotNS I can read?

You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer